Saturday, December 5, 2020

Hello! Life Update

Hello, Friends and Family!

Here's a quick life update:

The school I worked at moved into full Distance Learning this week (as of this moment, we are scheduled to go back on January 4th, but who knows if that will truly happen. COVID numbers continue to be at a new all-time high every day, so.....) and it's been an interesting transition, but not horrid by any means. I am grateful and thankful that my students and I are staying safe and healthy by learning/teaching from home. 

On the other hand, by the time 3pm rolls around during the week, I am met with a nauseating and miserable sense of boredom. My afternoon/nightly routine consists of a daily walk/alternate form of exercise, dinner, a random magazine logic puzzle or two, a few chapters of a good book, then sleep. Within this last week, I have found that solo crazy dance parties or lengthy video chats with friends, even walking the halls of my apartment complex with my cat are necessary to cure my boredom. I am afraid that this won't be enough soon, and I have no idea what I am going to do. 

During last year's school year, I believed myself to be a slightly extroverted introvert, given the fact that I would come home from work and not want to interact with any other humans whatsoever at all. However, being antisocial by choice is one thing. Being required to be solely by myself and unable to get my daily dose of in-person human interaction from going into work is another thing entirely. Quarantine has caused me to realize that I am in fact equal parts introverted and extroverted (which I hear is called being an "ambivert"), and that I use to use up all my extrovert energy during the day on a normal sized class (24 young people) during the majority of the 2019-2020 school year. Now that I have smaller class sizes, as well as much more time at home to myself, my extroverted side is going crazy. 

So, if you have any ideas or recommendations on what to do to during free time, please let me know! New recipes, activities, crafts - all are welcome!

In other news, Thanksgiving was lovely; I got to see my aunt, uncle, cousins, grandpa (mom's side) and grandpa and grandma (part of my dad's side) and have a delicious meal with my parents. It was lovely to be able to spend time with all of them! 

Also, now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I have put up a few Christmas decorations (I don't have many), and have been playing my Christmas playlist on repeat - I love the Christmas season Hopefully we get a good snowfall before Christmas Day; I do appreciate a white Christmas...!

I hope you all are staying safe, healthy, and busy! I wish you the best and a fabulous holiday season! I cannot WAIT for New Year's!!!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secondhand Trauma

I hate you. Truly. I hate what you've done to me.  I detest you, even though I know you are formless and faultless. You are simply exper...