Friday, January 1, 2021

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.

In my last post, I shared information regarding the case of Brandon Bernard, a Black man who received the death penalty and was executed via lethal injection at 9:27pm on December 10th, 2020. May he rest in power. 

The date of his execution happened almost a month ago already; it seems scarily unbelievable that almost that much time has passed already. What is even more scary is that, just over a month after the government approved and officiated death of two African American males (Bernard and Alfred Bourgeois) in December, a third is set to be executed on January 15th, just five days before President Elect Joe Biden is to be sworn into office. 

Dustin John Higgs is charged with the kidnapping and murder of three females in January of 1996. Just as was the case with Brandon Bernard, Higgs was not the person who killed the victims (Tamika Black, Tanji Jackson, and Mishann Chinn). The man responsible for their death is Willis Haynes, who "pleaded guilty to shooting the three victims" and stated that “the prosecution’s theory of our case was bullshit. Dustin didn’t threaten me. I was not scared of him. Dustin didn’t make me do anything that night or ever.” Haynes was sentenced to life in prison without parole, while Higgs will be sentenced to death on Martin Luther King Jr's birthday for a crime he did not commit. 

Let me say that again: The perpetrator responsible for the triple murder will spend his life in prison, while an innocent Black man will be killed for no reason on the birthday of a historical figure who fought and died for him to have equal rights and freedoms in this country

I am angry; the very institution sworn to protect our lives and liberty is picking and choosing who they deem worthy; the message this sends to the African American people is unacceptable. I will continue to be angry, but I refuse to sit around and do nothing. 

Below I have put several links and a description above each one. Please read and educate yourself more about this issue. Dustin himself has been actively trying to promote his horrid situation; PLEASE sign his petition if you do nothing else!


Dustin's Petition:

https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-wrongly-convicted-savedustinjhiggs-com-help-me-change-the-narrative?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23074696_en-US%3A1&recruiter=1124020166&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=petition_dashboard


Dustin's Website:

http://www.savedustinjhiggs.com/ 


Dustin's Official Clemency Petition to the President:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tcILPcHeP8MNOgwemxfqrDL5kzRm-4zA/view 


An article I quoted above:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-is-the-last-man-due-to-be-executed-by-the-trump-administration 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secondhand Trauma

I hate you. Truly. I hate what you've done to me.  I detest you, even though I know you are formless and faultless. You are simply exper...